Armed with heavy-duty support and protection for the most demanding wading conditions, Patagonia’s Foot Tractor is the most durable, highest-performing wading boot ever made. Co-developed with Danner and handcrafted in Portland, Oregon there is simply no other wading boot out there that offers this level of superior traction.
Free Domestic Shipping Orders Over $100
Patagonia Foot Tractor Wading Boot – Aluminum Bar
When creating the Patagonia Foot Tractor Wading Boot, Patagonia combined their fly-fishing experience with Danner’s legendary quality and craftsmanship to create a wading boot beyond all others—each one proudly made by hand in Portland, Oregon. Their flexible, waterproof full-grain leather provides foot-conforming comfort, support and protection, while stitch-down construction creates a wide, stable base that’s easily resoled when the need arises. The adjustable lacing system has traditional eyelets across the forefoot and speed lacing through the ankle; the speed lacing provides easy tightening, supports the ankle when wading on uneven surfaces and helps lock the heel in place. For ultimate traction on anything but sheet ice or untextured slate or shale, strategically shaped aluminum bars bite through river slime with pit-bull grip while the surrounding Vibram sole conforms to rock texture for additional hold. Simply put, the Patagonia Foot Tractor Wading Boot might be the best wading boot ever made, and because of the ability to be resoled by Danner, it should be the last one you ever need to buy.
Patagonia Foot Tractor Wading Boot Features
- Durable, waterproof full-grain leather treated with a PFC-free saline-solution tanning process for improved resistance to breakdown, even in salt water; the leather can be reconditioned as necessary
- Tough, 1,000-denier nylon paneling provides excellent abrasion resistance
- Adjustable lacing system has traditional eyelets across the forefoot and speed lacing through the ankle; closed speed hooks provide quick tightening, support the ankle, help lock the heel in place and won’t snag on debris or fly line; top single hook for easy on/off. Hardware is nylon-coated for corrosion resistance
- Perforated drains on both sides of boot upper clear water quickly; for faster dry times, upper design is free from unnecessary foams and backers
- Upper is stitched to 5mm rubber midsole for stability underfoot; a second, lower midsole is made from water-resistant polyether polyurethane that adds additional comfort and support
- Stitch-down construction creates a wider platform for more stability, helps protect the boot sidewall and allows the boots to be resoled by Danner
- Aluminum bars are hard enough to cut through slime and soft enough to conform to rock surfaces, providing superior traction on almost any surface other than sheet ice, slate or shale; Vibram® Idrogrip sole compound specially developed for maximum grip on wet surfaces