Tom Morgan was the owner and rod designer at Winston from 1973 to 1991 and his legacy at Winston and for the entire fly rod industry cannot be overstated. With Winston’s 90th Anniversary, They found it only fitting to reintroduce the Tom Morgan Favorite.
First offered in 1989 as a limited edition 60th Anniversary model, the Winston Tom Morgan Favorite has proved to be so popular it has remained a Winston customer favorite for the last 30 years.
Tom grew up fishing the spring creeks of Montana for wary brown trout where the slightest mistake spooks the fish. He designed the “Tom Morgan Favorite” as a specialized 2-piece, extra light, 8’ 4-weight, made from moderate modulus graphite for those close to mid-range distances where delicacy, finesse, and accuracy are essential.
Winston Tom Morgan Favorite Features
- All graphite with classic WT spigot ferrule design
- Incredibly smooth with wonderful touch and feel
- Extra light 4-weight, perfect for spring creek fishing
- Winston progressive tapers
- Customer favorite since 1989
- Chrome nanoli test ripper guide/chrome snake guides
- Nickel Silver with burled wood insert
- Handcrafted in Twin Bridges, MT