The Sage Maverick is a saltwater rod that has been designed to maximize quick-shot opportunities on the flats with a powerful tip section that drives the casting load down to more robust lower sections. This is also an amazing streamer rod for big flies and sinking lines, and is actually very similar to the old St. Croix Bank Robber. Whether you’re on the flats or slinging big stuff against the banks for large brown trout, the Maverick has you covered.
Free Domestic Shipping Orders Over $100
The Sage Maverick has been designed to maximize quick-shot opportunities on the flats with a powerful tip section that drives the casting load down to more robust lower sections. This in turn makes it easier to fire these quick efficient casts and helping the angler make the most of their opportunities. With a true saltwater specific backbone and design, the Sage Maverick is ready for any challenge thrown its way. On a side note, we have found this rod to be one of the best for freshwater streamer fishing applications and is actually very similar to the old St. Croix Bank Robber. We had the pleasure of fishing these on Arkansas’ White River in January of 2020 and were blown away on how well they handled big flies and heavy sinking lines. Along with the Payload, the Sage Maverick is quickly becoming one of our most popular streamer fishing rods and will be equally efficient whether you take it to the river or on distant saltwater flats.
Sage Maverick Features
- Konnetic Technology
- Pacific Blue blank color
- Charcoal primary thread wraps with Light Grey trim wraps
- Oversized Fuji ceramic stripper guides
- Oversized hard chromed snake guides and tip-top
- Corrosion resistant anodized aluminum reel seat in Matte Slate
- Integrated “hidden” reel seat hook keeper
- Super grade full-wells cork handle with cork/EVA fighting butt
- Black rod bag with Titanium logo and Blue model tag
- Matte Black powder coated aluminum rod tube with Sage Medallion
6wt – 9'0" – 4pc, 7wt – 9'0" – 4pc, 8wt – 9'0" – 4pc